Right this moment’s recipe is an extension of hope and cheer I’m attempting to unfold with my Loopy Kadchi relations from 18 international locations internationally. I’m much less anxious once I bake. And whereas I’m additionally educating a variety of complementary issues on fermentation and sourdough in my workshop, I’ve the freedom to do extra with the sourdough discard I’m left with. My love for millets and different conventional grains discover its approach via these recipe trails.
This eggless Kodo millet cake could be very easy you probably have the sourdough discard useful. As a result of cake goes to be a weekly factor in my household now, I made a decision to keep away from baking powder, baking soda and processed sugars. I used rock sugar (mishri) as a substitute of white sugar and cold-pressed coconut oil as a substitute of refined oils and conventional Paigambari wheat flour as a substitute of refined flour (maida). And to prime all of it, the goodness of Kodo Millet flour (freshly floor at residence) gave it an ideal quantity, mass and texture.
Learn extra for the step-by-step recipe and see if this recipe can convey cheer to your loved ones too.
Kodo millet banana cake with sourdough discard
- 3/4 cup Kodo millet flour (freshly floor, mildly roasted)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup mishri (rock sugar, powdered)
- 1 + ¼ cup paigambari wheat flour (any wheat flour)
- ½ cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- 2 tbsp sourdough discard
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of rock salt
- Candied fruits (non-compulsory)
- With the assistance of a hand blender, mix bananas and mishri powder.
- Add yoghurt, cold-pressed coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix all of it to a homogeneous consistency.
- Barely roast millet flour and complete wheat flour. Enable them to chill.
- Sieve each the flours twice and add to the banana oil combination. Be sure you add in batches and reduce and fold gently.
- Switch the batter to a well-greased cake mould. Faucet it to guarantee there aren’t any air bubbles.
- Garnish with candied fruits
- Bake it for 55 minutes in a preheated oven and 180C. At all times maintain a test in your oven.
- As soon as baked, enable the cake to chill utterly.
- You may at all times improvise along with your alternative of flours and fruits.
- Do share your lovely renditions and have a good time each little pleasure along with your family members
Shalini Rajani is the founding father of Loopy Kadchi and holds revolutionary Millets Cooking Workshops for all age teams.
For extra way of life information, observe us: Twitter: lifestyle_ie | Fb: IE Life-style | Instagram: ie_lifestyle